Friday, September 10, 2010

He's gone from a baby to a little boy!

On Thursday, I substitute taught at Burton Elementary and had an AWESOME day! I was with the sixth grade class, which are the kids that I've taught for the last two years (for some I had three years). I got great hugs from all the kids, even Big Brazos was glad to see me. :)

Brazos stayed with his Great Grandma Neumann for the day. She said he was good for her. Only once did he cry when she yelled at the cat to get off the couch. He was full of smiles when I walked in the door, so I know he enjoyed the day with Grandma.

This afternoon I planted the vegetables in the garden for our fall harvest. Brazos was sitting in his stroller watching me. Then Matt went inside to get some towels to lay on the ground for Brazos to roll around on. Brazos wasn't too fond of the idea and fussed as soon as Matt laid him down. After a few minutes of wimpering, I decided to go pick him up and try something else. When I picked him up I realized he had a reason for fussing. Matt had laid Brazos next to an ant pile! Luckily, Brazos only had three little ant bites. They didn't swell, so at least we now know Brazos isn't allergic to ants.

After planting the garden, I was sitting in the garage with Brazos while Matt was working on a project for my cousin, Bailee. Gazing down at Brazos, I realized that I was no longer holding a little baby, but a true little boy. He had dirt under his fingernails and in-between his toes. His red and white striped onsie was covered in slobber and yellow stains from his food. His nose was runny and he had dried food stuck to his face. When I tried to wipe his nose or face clean, he struggled to get away from the rag. Brazos is officially a little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is growning up fast!
    What did you plant in your fall garden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our fall garden is horrible! We planted broccoli, cauliflower, squash, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, green beans, and cabbage. Army worms demolished everything except for the green beans and tomatoes. Then we planted the veggies a second time. Two days later...the worms attacked again! So now all we have is green beans and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete