Thursday, September 2, 2010

M.O.P.S.

This morning Brazos and I went to Champion Fellowship for a M.O.P.S. meeting. I was very excited and so nervous, but as I drove up and saw the mommies carrying their little ones in, the jitters disappeared. Lots of new mommies came today and we had a great time meeting one another.

Brazos was in a room with about ten other little children close to his age. When I left him he was sitting in his carseat next a little girl named Natalie. Throughout the meeting, people would give us updates on how the kids were doing, and they said that all the kids were happy and no crying was going on.

Well, when I came to pick him up, I entered a room with lots of unhappy noises. I looked over at Brazos and he was happily swinging with a bottle in his hand, but as he heard other kids start to cry he let out some wimpers, too. Then when he saw mommy he smiled. As I was getting him in his car seat, a little girl named Olivia crawled over to me and raised her hands. So I picked her up to help sooth her until her mommy came. At first, Brazos looked at the two of us and gave a giggle. Then BAM...he let out a scream and turned red as a tomato and began to cry. I didn't know what to do!

Later, when we came home he was giving the sweetest coos and cuddling with mommy. Overall, I think he had a great time and was high on love from all the other little babies. We can't wait to go back in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment